In the capital city, Lusaka, a small team makes up the Frontier Missions Centre of YWAM. Our desire is to serve the church in Zambia and the YWAM bases in the South Central Region to be all they can be in fulfilling the great commission. With a huge vision to see thousands of Africans going out as missionaries and taking up their inheritance among the unreached nations of the world, we are spurred on to mobilize the church in South-Central Africa for missions. A big task for a small team! Has God given you skills and talents that you desire to use to further His kingdom? Come and share those gifts with the Zambian church. YWAM’s South-Central Africa Frontier Missions Centre encompasses Angola, Malawi, Mozambique, Zambia and Zimbabwe. The centre is accountable to the Regional Frontier Missions Leader and to the leadership of the South-Central regions of YWAM.
THE CENTRE EXISTS TO: FACILITATE, SEND AND SERVE.
- Be a Missions Research and Resource Centre: Systematically study and gather information. Our desire is to make the information concerning world missions effort and the unreached people groups easily available to the church and everyone. Apart from online and other form of researches, we do field researches in areas where there is no existing information about the unreached or specific people groups. Through networking with other same minded organisation, we are able to gather all necessary information.
- Practically serve YWAM missionaries working among the unreached and least-reached people within our region. (Provide Member-Care). At times simple things as; Designing and editing of newsletters, prayer cards etc. help with banking, communication and mobilise prayer and or other type of support for them.
- Send YWAM missionaries to least reached and unreached peoples within and outside our region.
- Train: Connecting people with proper mission training that they need to be effective in their area of calling. We also run seminars and short discipleship courses.
- Mobilize the church to be a sending church.
- Mobilize YWAM bases in the Southern and South-Central regions to be sending bases.
- Mobilise Prayer, encouraging Christians in the region to pray for unreached people groups as well as missionaries serving amongst the unreached people groups. Provide prayer tools and whenever possible facilitate the prayers.
- Encourage YWAM-DTS leaders to include a week of missions teaching in every school, and taking the responsibility to provide teachers for that subject when asked.
- Encourage each YWAM base to adopt a people in the region and a people outside the region. *Work in progress*
- Network: Regularly meet with and work with others with similar visions to learn and encourage each other. We desire to see young people in the frontiers, whether with YWAM, or sent by another organization, or by their church.
- Host missions camps / youth camps and outreaches to the unreached within.
WHAT WE DO;
- Help the Church get a “sending vision”.
- Guide those who feel called to nations or people groups yet to be reached with the Gospel.
- Provide care for those already working in the Frontiers.
- Network with other agencies.
- Research people groups within our region.
- Provide prayer tools for unreached peoples.
- Host intercession for the nations.